Credits

Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Snakes and Ladders

After the elections, I expected the cracks in the Aquino camp to show. Well it did. Sadly it showed the true colors of those with vested interests. Even the Johnnies-come-lately had things to say. I must admit, nawalan ako ng gana. To see people speak as if they had been in the fight since the very start. It was truly like the game, Snakes and Ladders. The snakes squirmed their way in to dump Mar Roxas and use the Noynoy magic to push for Binay. Binay may have been a staunch Arroy critic but I still think that principles should come first.

Now they're all trying to climb the ladder to get their "manoks" in place. I hope they can remind themselves that Noynoy is also a member of a political party. I also thought we campaigned for a team that would work together. How wrong can I be. I believed that everyone was working for a common cause. I thought we were all advocates of change. Obviously some supported Noynoy for personal gain. They had an agenda, they were after power and influence.

Napaso ako talaga. And the snakes worked both camps to put their man in place. Why should I believe their flimsy claim that Binay had been opposition since the very beginning? Binay an advocate of change? What a lot of bull. He did not even have the decency to ask his children to stay out of politics.He is a trapo in every sense of the word. Those who said that Noynoy is surrounded by trapos should have known this. It stuck out like a sore thumb. At the end of the day, it bolied down to who would give the power and influence they sought.

Good that their "manok" has been put in the freezer. Despite lobbying for a position in the DILG, Binay and his backers failed to get the president to appoint him. It's nice to see them fail in their bid to get their man into any position. I did my best to give my share to getting Noynoy elected. Whether he thanked me or not doesn't really matter to me. I gave even if he didn't ask. I am not expecting anything in return. All I ask is for him to keep his promises to the people.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ayus Schumey. Those people want to hi-jack the presidency. I wouldn't be surprised if they do something to make Binay president prematurely

Anonymous said...

I think you got it all upside down. It is good that Mar lost. He and his group were using Noy for their own interests. Just look at their track record. From Erap to Gloria to Noy. If he had won, I bet Noy would be forced to step down prematurely.

J said...

What bothers me is the way Noy seems to succumb to pressure, as seen by his re-appoinment of Uncle Bert.

Schumey said...

I am more wary of the likes of Binay. With his lust for power, he could even do a Glueria and kick Noynoy out of office. I'm glad he's in the freezer for now. No way for him to do any harm.

Anonymous said...

I don't like Binay and Mar. Why don't we abolish the VP position? Either way, Noynoy is under threat by these two ambitious power hungry individuals.

J said...

Schumey, I don't think Binay would and could do a Gloria. Let's agree to disagree on this. ^_^

I also think Mar Roxas is an okay politico. I wish he had won so Noynoy won't have VP problems.

Anonymous said...

If I were P.Noy I would just listen to my conscience and not to those surrounding him who mean more harm than love of country. Masyadong maraming ambisyoso na nasa paligid ni Mr. President. You won because of yourself and not because of the people surrounding you. Ang tao ang Boss nyo at hindi yun mga bubuyog na bubulong bulong ng puro kasamaan sa inyo. Help us naman, kaya kayo nandyan ay dahil sa amin.